You can add more vegetables to the layers and even some cottage cheese1% !
You can use any type of potato!
Be creative !
These are some of the main Ingredients:
I like using this tomato sauce because it's pure tomato and salt, you can also make your homemade sauce.
I added fresh tomato to the Sauce Because one bottle isn't enough, the secret for a good lasagna is LOTS OF SAUCE!
For The Sauce:
- 1 onion
- As much garlic as you want, I used a clove
- 3 tomatoes
- 1 red pepper (for sweetness so you don't have to add sugar, the sauce is a bit acidic)
-Broccoli ( use the broccoli stem too ! The part closer to the flower ! )
For the Filling:
- 1 raw eggplant thinly sliced
- 1 cooked sweet potato and thinly sliced
- Fresh Spinach
save a tomato for the last layer don't slice it too thin otherwise it will disappear!
- Oregano, Fresh Chilli Flakes ( be creatiiive ! )
* save a tomato for the last layer don't slice it too thin otherwise it will disappear!
1 - Fry the garlic with the onions and the tomatoes (Diced)
*add a bit of olive oil as the tomatoes cook and begin to release their juices
*add the broccoli
*the red peppers
*and the sauce
*Let it cook in low heat for at least 15minutes
******** Get the water for the pasta going ! The bigger the pot the easier it will be to keep the shape of the pasta! Cook it to the point that it will be a little more firm than " al dente ". The size of the noodle will be thicker once it is cooked ! (The sauce helps to cook the ingredients)
2 - First Layer !!!
*Potato ( For a solid bottom !)
3- Second Layer!
4- Last Layer!
* The Fresh Tomatoes ( if using cottage cheese add it first )
Oven 350C for 30minutes ! but check after 20minutes ... just in case !